Sat 5th May 2012
Marriage networking event for practising muslims of all ethnicities, backgrounds & ages
43 Lancaster Gate
W2 3NA, London
Prayer facilities & food provided
Join us for an informative and interactive marriage event for practising muslims in a relaxed, helpful, structured & islamic environment (this event is catered for people looking to get married, who adhere to the basics of the deen). All ethnicities & ages. Chaperones welcome. Deadline for booking Thursday 3rd May.
Guest speaker Humera Khan
'For love, duty or honour?'
- Overview of traditional marriage expectations
- Overview of contemporary expectations
- Where do they fall short?
- Are potential brides and grooms being too fussy?
- How to avoid some of the pit falls of finding the right partner?
Humera Khan is a founding member of the pioneering An-Nisa Society, an organization working for the welfare of Muslim families. She has been an activist and educator for over 25 years, working in race and gender equality, the voluntary sector and social services.